Share This

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Preschool Keepsakes

Throughout the year I love creating keepsakes for my parents. It can be a card, a photo, or a Thanksgiving placemat. My favorite keepsakes are handprints and footprints. Two years ago, when my daughter was in Kindergarten her teacher created the cutest calendar keepsake using the students handprints. Luckily, I happened to be in the classroom volunteering one day and got to help create the handprint for that month. Take a look at how cute these are.

Mrs. Kovarik created a complete set of pages for the cover and each month of the year. They were reproduced so each child would have their own copy.  I covered my daughters name with a sticky note. But each child's name is on the front of their book. The children choose the handprint colors they wanted on the outside of the book and Mrs. Kovarik choose the colors for each month.


Here's the handprints for February Heart and the March Leprechaun.
To save time and money she only laminated
the front and back pages of the book. 



Here's the handprints for the June Tulip and the August sun.
The tulip is only the palm of the hand. 


I'm looking forward to sharing this keepsake 
with my daughter when she's all grown up!

A special thanks to Mrs. Kovarik for all of her hard work 
and making it a memorable first year for my baby girl:) 


6 comments:

  1. How adorable! I love these kind of keepsakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! Can you post pictures of the other pages too? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing this! I love it! This year I made handprints every month, with the intention of taking the students' picture too and making a memory book. But I only got as far as the handprints. But they look very cute in this little booklet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are doing the handprint calendar this year. It takes a bit of time to ensure that every child has every page, what with children being absent and new children coming into the class midyear, but I hope it will be worth it in the end! We also had a little guy who wouldn't consent to having his hand painted until March, so he is having to do a bit of catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So what do the other months look like?

    ReplyDelete